Friday, July 10, 2020

  ...My Sperm Have No Brains...

Yes, it’s true. 
My sperm 
have no brains. 
I find this truly odd 
since once I’ve released them, 
they seem to function 
of their own accord. 

They all appear to be on 
a well-defined mission. 
A mission of which I have 
taken no part in briefing. 
Every other substance 
which emits from my body 
is for the most part inert. 
It lies there. 
It dies. 
No purpose. 
No sly agenda. 

Quite unlike my sperm. 
I ejaculate and send forth 
one million tiny entities, 
all totally separate from 
that which was once me. 

All have a prime objective. 
Yes, they are on a quest, 
and try as I may, 
I am powerless to 
dis-sway them of their purpose. 

I suppose there are men 
who still feel they’re in control. 
They at the wheel of 
a million tiny race cars 
all careening down 
the cervical highway. 
Still other men 
totally absolve themselves 
of any and all responsibility.  
In their minds they relinquish 
total manipulation to some 
perceived outside force which 
irradiates directives to 
each and every sperm via a 
barrage of  psychic control-waves. 
Hard to disprove, 
but I ain’t buying it. 

So just how is it my sperm 
do manage to make it 
to their main objective? 

No. 
Wait… 
Come to think of it, 
I’ve made it all these years 
without siring one child. 

This might explain all. 
It could be that my particular sperm 
are all mindless idiots. 

Indeed, 
my sperm 
have no brains. 

Ó03 Jack David Hubbell

No comments: