Thursday, October 22, 2020

   ...Grope Good Gracious...

Presently, 

Giant Squid are copulating 

in the deep dark recesses of the ocean. 

 

Oh, you can’t see it 

but you know it’s going on, 

and well… 

That shit gets me hot! 

Tentacles, man. 

We’re talking tentacles. 

We’re talking the ultimate embrace. 

 

And is it so wrong 

that I should want this? 

That I should want 

such volume of embrace? 

That I desire someone to 

hold me in their arms 

with such loving intensity 

as to make my eyes bulge out? 

 

Oh yes, but 

it’s eye bulging in a good way, 

and yes again, 

there would be some pain involved. 

At least it’s the embrace that’s painful 

and not the lack of it. 

 

Slimy tentacle or not, 

you will have touched me, 

and I would far more relish 

the pain of your presence 

than that of you moving away from me. 

 

Come hither my love 

for I have a crush on you,  

and it’s a crush times ten times two 

‘cause that’s the way we squid do it. 

 

And oh, by the way, 

there will be some 

groping involved. 

 

Ó04 Jack David Hubbell

No comments: